Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) regulate the relationship between you, a user of our services or our websites www.bcpsyc.com.au and www.brisbanecitypsychologist.com.au (BCP Websites) and Bcpsyc Pty Ltd ATF Brisbane City Psychologists Services Trust ABN 82 195 278 168 trading as Brisbane City Psychologists (‘BCP’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’).
Emergency Crisis and Support
We are not an emergency or crisis response service and your psychologist may not be contactable outside their regular work hours at our premises. In the event of immediate danger, please contact emergency services at 000. If you require crisis support or immediate counselling please refer to the Crisis and Emergencies page on our website, which includes 24/7 crisis support services information and contact numbers. Alternatively, present to your nearest hospital emergency department or your General Practitioner (GP).
Visting Our Premises
To visit our premises and/or obtain psychological services in person with a psychologist based at Brisbane City Psychologists’ premises, you understand that you are assuming the risk of exposure to COVID-19 or another public health risk. This risk may increase if you travel by public transportation, taxi, or ride-sharing service. Therefore, by visiting our premises, you also agree to take certain precautions to help keep you, your psychologist, our staff, and the community safer from exposure and the medical consequences of contracting COVID-19.
We request all visitors to our premises to please:
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to show proof of this upon entering our premises, either through the Check-in Qld app, an immunisation history statement, or a COVID-19 vaccination digital certificate, from the 17th December 2021
- Check the Coronavirus self-assessment on the day of your appointment(s) and answer the questions our receptionist will ask upon arrival
- Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment time to minimise time spent in the waiting room
- Wash your hands or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser before you enter our premises
- Adhere to safe distancing precautions of 1.5m between yourself and others at our premises
- Adhere to good respiratory hygiene while at our premises, e.g. covering your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze, disposing of tissues and then using hand sanitiser
- Make no physical contact (e.g. no shaking hands) with others at our premises
- Use payment methods other than cash (e.g. credit or debit card, EFT, etc.)
- Follow other health and safety instructions by our administration team, if requested.
The above precautions may change if additional local, state or federal orders or guidelines are published.
If you arrive at our premises with symptoms or unable to prove COVID-19 vaccination status
You understand that we are committed to keeping you, us, and our community safe from the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, if you visit Brisbane City Psychologists’ premises and we believe that you have Covid-19 symptoms or if you are unable to show evidence of being fully vaccinated, we will have to require you to leave our premises immediately. Your psychologist will be able to provide you services by telehealth or by making other adjustments as appropriate.
Our commitment to minimising exposure
We have taken additional steps to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 within Brisbane City Psychologists’ premises, and our efforts are listed below. Please let your psychologist or our admin team know if you have questions about these efforts. We may include new measures as community transmission of COVID-19 increases.
In-person appointments and visits
- We request the use of the hand sanitiser provided on entry to our premises.
- We reinforce hygiene practices by signage throughout our premises.
- We eliminated or removed frequently touched areas, surfaces and items where possible, e.g.:
- we no longer accept cash payments at our premises;
- we have removed sweets and magazines from the waiting room;
- we have removed cushions and throws from sofas and chairs.
Cleaning and disinfection
- We perform cleaning following guidance from Safe Work Australia and public health authorities.
- Areas frequented by staff, visitors, psychologists and their clients are two-in-one-cleaned twice daily.
- Frequently touched areas and surfaces that can’t be eliminated or removed (e.g. counters, door handles, EFTPOS terminal) are cleaned regularly
- We strictly limit appointments to 50 minutes.
- We request visitors to maintain a 1.5 m distance from others at all times and refrain from physical contact, e.g. shaking hands.
- We comply with the minimum area (sqm) per person required by the Queensland Government to date.
- We have adjusted the seating plan in the waiting and consulting rooms for appropriate physical distancing.
- Measures have been taken within the building to improve outside air content in the air conditioning system to improve ventilation
- We monitor air quality regularly
- Portable air purifiers are also used in all consultation rooms and throughout our premises to further improve air quality.
Commuting to our premises
- We recommend people to drive into the city and avoid public transport when possible.
- If taking public transport, we recommend people to:
- wear a mask and carry hand sanitiser;
- limit touching anything other than themselves and their belongings;
- avoid touching their face if at all possible;
- sanitise their hands frequently.
If there is a resurgence of COVID-19 case numbers or other health concerns arise, Brisbane City Psychologists may close its premises to the public, and your in-person appointment will need to be postponed or held via telehealth. If you decide that you would feel safer with telehealth services at any other time, please let your psychologist or our administration team know. In addition, if you wish to claim rebates for telehealth sessions, please ask your psychologist or our administration team before booking a telehealth appointment as Medicare, and most private health rebates for telehealth sessions are temporary, and changes may occur.
The Queensland Health Check In App and Your Confidentiality
By using our services, the BCP Websites or our premises you agree to our Terms and Conditions. BCP’s Terms and Conditions are subject to change at any time. We recommend that you periodically review our Terms and Conditions for any changes. Our current Terms and Conditions are available at https://bcpsyc.com.au/terms-and-conditions/.
References to “Brisbane City Psychologists”, “BCP”, “we”, “us”, and “our” are references to Bcpsyc Pty Ltd ATF Brisbane CIty Psychologists Services Trust ABN 82 195 278 168 (trading as Brisbane City Psychologists). References to “you” and “your” are references to any individual using our services or our websites www.brisbanecitypsychologist.com.au or www.bcpsyc.com.au (BCP Websites).
Last updated 1st December 2021